Thursday, March 18, 2010

Fess Parker: R.I.P.

Fess Parker who played Davy Crockett and Daniel Boone died yesterday of natural causes. Parker who also starred in "Old Yeller"  owned the DoubleTree Resort in Santa Barbara and the Wine Country Inn & Spa in Los Olivos, CA, as well as the Fess Parker Winery. He was 85.

When I was growing up I bugged my parents for a Davy Crockett 'coonskin' hat. Never got one  because I was a "girl". Years later when I produced a teambuilding event at the DoubleTree in Santa Barbara, I received a basket of goodies, including a bottle of Fess Parker wine with a tiny faux fur Davy Crockett hat. I still have it.

Watch a video of The Ballad of Davy Crockett

Fess Parker --Daniel Boone and Davy Crockett--my heroes.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sad. He was an icon of my childhood. My sister had a huge crush on him.

zach said...

Fess, or, Davy, we will be missing you! Thanks for your great work!