Saturday, April 23, 2011

New Fragrance: Paper Passion

This may not be the first essence of books on the market, but it's certainly going to be marketed by the most powerful name in fashion. Will it smell like an iPad? A kindle? moldy library books? new books? Well, time will tell.

Designer Karl Lagerfeld, creative director at Chanel and Fendi, as well as his own label, has announced a new fragrance called Paper Passion which will smell like books!  The perfume will come packaged in a hollowed-out hardcover book. Lagerfeld is a voracious reader.

Other Book-Inspired Fragrances:
Library Paperback by Demeter Fragrance
In the Library Water Perfume by CB I Hate Perfume
Library Collection: Opus II by Amouage

Hat tip: Lynn Perednia

2 comments:

Liz Marr said...

Perfume???
I love the smell of books. Specially old paperbacks but, I don't know that I want to smell like one. LOL

John Petter said...

I am happy to found this Blog. Adrienne Vittadini